Sunday, May 13, 2007

Workin Woman

I worked at Party City as a cashier for about 7 months, and ended up quitting about a month ago. And over the past month my suddenly limited amount of money has been disappearing faster than I would like to admit. I decided it was time for me to get a new job, So I went around a applied to several different places, and waited. Went back into the stores to make sure they had a chance to look over my application, and filled out more applications. It seemed like NOBODY wanted to hire me!!! AHH!!!! A couple weeks ago my mom told me that she thought that if I paid my tithing I would find a job a lot faster, and I know she was right, but I didn’t have much money left, so I decided to just remember how much I had, and then pay tithing on ALL of it once I got a new job. A week went by. Still 100% unemployed. Over the past couple months I have been getting worse and worse at reading my scriptures every morning and night, so on Thursday I decided to try and read every day. That morning I read. That night our family went to see the musical Wicked (the BEST musical EVER! I’ve seen in twice and am pretty much in LOVE with it!!). During intermission I turned my phone on to check my messages. One of my friends had called to tell me that there was a job available where she worked and her manager wanted to hire me!!! At first I wasn’t really all that excited, because it’s a job at Taco Bell, and lets just face it, that’s probably one of the LAST places that I want to work at…ever… but then she said that I wouldn’t be just a regular worker. They wanted me to be a manager!! After Wicked I went home, read my scriptures and went to bed. The next day Chris (the general manager) called me and asked me to come down there with my SS card and license, because I was hired!!! I was SO excited!! He told me that he was going to train me as fast as possible, so the next day I started learning all about what I needed to do. Within the next week I will be done with training and be an official manager!! YAY!!!! Every time I read my scriptures, sometimes good happens! Sometimes it takes a while; sometimes it happens that same day, but I’m always blessed!! I’m happy to be manager, even if it is at Taco Bell. And I’m excited to be TOTALLY done with school on Friday!!! AH!! Its SO crazy!! But even more exciting!! I wonder what will happen after I graduate……

2 comments:

Heather said...

Now that you are a manager you can share the secret of the crunch wrap supreme with me. I LOVE IT.

Congrats on the job- and keep listening to your Mom!

Randi said...

You are doing a great job with managing your spiritual things. Heavenly Father really does bless you when you do what He asks.

Also, ditto Heather's last comment!!