Wednesday, May 30, 2007

From the class Dad 2007

They said write a letter and I did and it sucked

so I sat back down pushed pen on the paper

and the bleeding began as I looked back at the year

and this class that I fathered (cuz dadded ain’t a word)

You 2 brung it all year in Forensics and Debate

I heard you next door

Kids with helmets and caps bringing home mo’ metal from State

Andres cult scored a perfect 1

And the musical? How do you get that done?

Tonelli’s talent show proved he ain’t no Holla Back girl

it’s like Columbine Idol but way more vital

cuz we voted to school kids in a beautiful way

And what can I say about the Curious Savage?

There was money in a bear some violin and piano

crazy people who were smarter than average

(If I don’t mention Schwartz, she’s on me like Tony Soprano)

The list of our teams that went to the playoffs

is proof of the payoffs

of what it means to work like a Rebel

No teams in Jeffco can touch our skills and get offs!

Where else do I start?

In medias res?

I know one thing for sure my flow is suburbanI ain’t no Digress!

It’s from the top of my heart. This is pure love

Not a cliché (like the bottom they say)

I needed to say it in a way you don’t hear everyday

This class of Oh! Seven has brought a paternity

Suit against me to bless me and

They say I am dad-likebut without the maturity

It’s awkward for me

cuz I know there are more

Deserving than me

like Friesen, Webb, Pruett and Coach Ivory “We Are” Moore

Nonetheless I’m grateful to win the Tom Tonelli Award

And before him it was Chuck Herring who answered to Dad

Heck, I couldn’t even carry his history book bag

Chuck was a man who taught teachers some lessons

Bout gambling and love and 9/10th is possession

Chuck made “shut up” sound beautiful and just beneath mad

Thank you Chuck, for laughter from jokes that were…well…

bad

If Chuck Herring was a class dad

Then I’m nothing but a baby

In the tracks made deep for me

By a man synonymous with integrity

Peace out Oh! Seven

My flow is getting slowLike Travis DuffyRunnin the 4-0

But my love for you is huge as Hughes

And bigger than Ryan Miller shoes

And higher than Veronica Selzer’s class ranking

And sweeter than a cookie from McKee

Like a graduation speech from Samantha Murray

Like Lloyd Dobbler and his boom box

I gave you my heart…

Thanks for throwing

Yours back to me



-LloydDobbler

1 comment:

Randi said...

this is a little bizarre for me.