Monday, July 27, 2009

week 1

To get to work each day I have to take the shuttle. It takes between 30-45 min to get all the way up the twisting bumpy road to the lodge. I work at the front desk, checking people in and out of their rooms and booking tours of the park for our guests. Right next to the front desk is one of the 2 places to get food in the evenings. The metate room. Each night the chiefs make a special meal for the employees to eat, and then get to work of preparing food for the rest of the night. I work with 2 girls from Brazil and one from Jamaica. They are all very sweet and helpful! I love my job. After work I normally come home, change clothes, and head over to the boys house to see what they are up to. Most nights they have dinner all ready and are just finishing setting the table. So far I've tried sushi, frog legs, and cow tongue. They love making things I've never tried before. and I love eating it, because, talk about your cultural experiences!! But speaking of dinner, I have to go eat and then off to bed! There's a shuttle with my name on it at 6 tomorrow morning!! I'll try to write more tomorrow on the way to work!

3 comments:

Dave said...

I'm all for trying new foods, but cow tongue? You are much braver than me.

But few things are better than coming home to dinner waiting, right :-)

If I were one of those guys I would set on a quest to feed you something you would refuse to eat, just to see what I could get you to try. I hope they aren't as mean as I would be :-D

Randi said...

You really are brave. Because eewww.
I want to hear about your experiences on the park tours! And the crazy people who come to the front desk.

Jennifer said...

Wow! How did you like all of them? I really like sushi, the frog legs are fine...cow tongue on the other hand is on my never need to eat again list....along with Ginny Pig (the pet thing just can't get past it.),Wild Boar Sausage, and blood pudding...need I say more?