Monday, September 21, 2009

Glass Cups? Really? Of all the things...

If you’ve never been to Mesa Verde, or have been and want to come back again, I totally recommend this month and into Oct. to come! It is our rainy season, which might not sound that appealing to most people, but I think it is Also our most beautiful season. During the day it is sunny and warm, perfect for going on tours and whatnot, towards the evening it starts to really cool off, and when it gets dark out it starts raining. Most evenings when I take me break I go outside and look at the amazing view. For the past couple weeks I’ve been able to sit there and watch lightning strike out in the distance back and forth from my far left side to my far right side, and sometimes right in the middle. A lot of times I’ll see the lightning strike ground and then flames or smoke come up from that spot. It is probably one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. Sometimes the lightning will just bounce around in the clouds for a while before actually coming down. It is breath taking. I highly recommend coming to see it!! The Lodge where I work closes for the season on the 21 of Oct. So if you get the chance, come before then!!

So the other night I was checking in 2 couples who were traveling together and had rooms right next to each other. I gave them their keys, explained to them where breakfast is served and so on, then asked if they had any questions before they went to their room. After rephrasing and repeating myself 3 times they went to go find their room. About 30 min. later I received a phone call from one of the woman.

Me- ‘Thanking you for calling the Far View Lodge, this is Hannah speaking, how may I help you?’

Woman- ‘Yes, we just checked into our rooms, and the couple we are traveling with, who is staying in the room next to us, has glass cups in their room, and we don’t.’

Me-‘ Ok…. Well all of our rooms have glass mugs in them for drinking coffee in the morning.. if your room doesn’t have any I would be more than happy to send some..

Woman- ‘No. We have mugs. They have actual glass cups as well at glass mugs. And if they have glasses in their room we should have them in ours too.’

Me- Ok… I’m not sure why they have glasses in their room. We have plastic cups that should be in all the rooms but we don’t normally have glass ones in there. I’ll make a note and talk to housekeeping in the morning about it, but since I have no idea where they came from or why they are there I can’t get more..

Woman- Well they have glass cups, and we don’t. And we want some too.

Me- ok… Well I’ll talk to my manager and see if we can figure out where they came from and see what I can do about it!

Within the next 30 min the woman called 2 more times to ask about the glass cups, after I told her we did not have anymore and honestly had no idea why they were in there in the first place.
In the end we sent someone to go get the glasses from her friend’s room. If you can’t share nicely No one gets glass cups in their rooms.

Honestly people…

It was actually pretty funny. Out of all the things to complain about….
:)


Oh! And a special note to my Mother dearest
ESN DEC: 13212457528
Model NO: G’zOne Type-S

5 comments:

Randi said...

I love these stories. And we are definitely going to try to get down there before you close up!!

oh and:
29348u0t3w9jfd

also
92q8049289304=tuiTUIEW (model #4)

Dave said...

yeah, i have to take stuff away from my 2 and 3 yr old all the time when they can't share. same thing, right? :-)

and you've sold me on mesa verde. I can easily see a family vacation there next fall.

are there any trains around to ride on?

Jennifer said...

That is so amazing isn't it. That's why I think we need to teach our kids that life is not always "equal". Seriously lady...I saw a dad cockroach in her room so I figured I should bring one into your room too!!

I am impressed with how patient you were! Way to go Hannah!

Unknown said...

I love Mesa Verde, wish I could come now. Try your Portugese on your dad. You are an interesting story teller. Love, Gran B

Anonymous said...

Hannah it was great to get to visit you in your current world. Mesa Verde is a very beautiful and interesting place. Thank you for the tour of where you work and eat and make friends. We are so proud of you.
Have you shared the salt shaker story. Found it very interesting