Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just a couple of stories...

If you think your job is hard, try explaining what Velcro is to a philipeno over the phone. Now, understand, most all the international workers in Mesa Verde speak English very well, but don't know the English words for things like Velcro and dispensers, stuff like that. So I spent about 15 min. on the phone with a woman one day trying to explain to her what velcro is so she could find the knee brace a guest left in their room a couple weeks earlier and now wanted back.

On that subject, if you haven't needed it for 2 months, why are you calling Now to get your hairbrush back? honestly... Because the chances of us actually finding whatever it is you lost 2 months after you lost it in one of our 150 rooms, is slim to none.

Unless you're like our gentleman who left his wheelchair in his room.... Yeah. I was a little surprised to get that phone call.... In which case, we found the wheelchair. but he called a couple days after leaving it.

Sometimes I worry about the future of humanity.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Oh my gosh. this is cracking me up. how do you forget a wheelchair?

I can imagine his thoughts as he left.

"Something is strange. Hmmm, I'm walking down the hall to leave. But it seems that I'm usually sitting in some kind of wheeled conveyance...."

beckers said...

How strange, Hannah!! I agree...if you haven't needed it for 2 months, kiss it goodbye!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the spirits of Mesa Verde caused a miraculous cure. "Its a miracle, I can walk , I can walk." Too bad it only lasted two months.

Jennifer said...

That is so funny. I think after 2 weeks you cannot expect to get anything back.

I wonder how he got out of the hotel.....did he have 2 wheelchairs?