Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another little story..

One of my friends is a waiter in the Metate Room in Mesa Verde. One night he was serving a couple who may have possibly drank just a bit too much wine. The couple had been on tours all day and were discussing what they would want buried with them if they would have died here. The woman apparently Loved the salt and pepper shakers. Loved them. and told her husband and the waiter that she wanted to be buried with them and kept asking if she could please please be buried with them. We don't normally sell the salt and pepper shakers off the tables. But the woman seemed to love them So much that the server told her to just go ahead and take them, and not to worry about it he would find more, because the woman wanted to be buried with them and who is he to tell her no? So apparently a woman somewhere plans on being buried with some of our salt and pepper shakers.

7 comments:

Dave said...

sounds perfectly rational. I have a favorite tire iron i plan to be buried with

Randi said...

I'm not sure I want people to know what I'm buried with.
I mean, heaven forbid that grave robbers dig me up to get my Donny Osmond albums.

beckers said...

wow. Sounds like she needs to lay off the sauce a wee bit!! I hope your friend was able to keep a straight face!

Jennifer said...

That is really bizarre. I am sure I couldn't keep a straight face.

Jennifer said...

Hannah where are you? I haven't read anything about your new adventure!!

Gramzer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramzer said...

Hannah where is your new blog? Please I am begging you. I miss hearing your sense of humor. You brighten my day.